Should I complete the Traffic Offender Program?

The traffic offender program (TOP) or the Traffic Offender Intervention Program (TOIP) is a road safety course. It is designed to provide drivers with the information and skills necessary to develop positive attitudes to driving and to change driving behaviour by developing safer driving behaviours.   The content of these programs are regulated by the […]

First Home Buyer Schemes and Grants

First Home Buyer Assistance Scheme Full or partial exemption on transfer duty (stamp duty) when buying your first home under the nominated threshold. Requirements 1. Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia 2. At least 18 years old 3. Buying your first home This can be an established or new home and also includes land. […]

Changes to Stamp Duty from 1 August 2020 during COVID-19

These changes are part of a range of changes made by the New South Wales Government under the COVID-19 Recovery Plan. From 1 August, 2020 and for the next 12 months thresholds for exemption from payment of stamp duty for first home buyers who buy new homes or vacant land.   NEW HOMES Pre 1 […]

Deposit Bonds

What is a deposit bond? A deposit bond is essentially like an insurance policy or bank guarantee for money that is need for a deposit when purchasing a property. No money actually exchanges hands, and all purchase funds or monies are dealt with at settlement, when the monies are paid in full the deposit bond […]

Common protest related offences

Obstructing traffic A person, without a reasonable excuse (proof of which lies on the accused), cannot prevent the free passage of a person vehicle and/or vessel in a public place such as traffic. Penalty – 4 Penalty Units Summary Offences Act 1988. Section 6.   Offensive Conduct A person must not behave in an offensive […]

Good Behaviour Licence and breaches in NSW

A good behaviour licence is a class or type of licence issued to an unrestricted licence holder who have meet and/or exceeded 13 demerit points in NSW. ┬áThis licence lasts for a period of one year. This means you get to keep your licence on the basis that you did not receive any infringements which […]

Need legal advice? Catron Simmons can help.